Wednesday, April 15, 2020



Its been a month that i havent gone out to Samal Island where i used to hang out before this pandemic. Though id say i cope well with this quarantine or lockdown, i still long to give this itching sole a wing. 

Had not this pandemic happened id have burned my wheels on my BT 50 treading those newly built roads along the coasts of Mindanao the past week, being Holy Week. 

I really love seeing places, away from the hustles and bustles of the cities, like  beaches, waterfalls, and mountains. I easily could compose poems once i get immersed to it.

I missed those times in the early 2000s when the kids were in college and i was alone to wander with my new Nissan Frontier 4x4. That saw me up in that forsaken mining place of Diwalwal. I likewise went driving on Lent week a couple of thousand kilometers to Zamboanga passing thru the long way and on my way back the other route to that famous beach Dakak and the home of the national hero, Jose Rizal.

I think i could have made that trip again if it were not for the virus esp that fuel had gone down and too tempting to hit the road.

But i will on my next opportunity before i get too old lol.

No comments:

  Happy New Year 2023!!! Hope to find time this year to get back to blogging😞 The world is in turmoil with the war in Ukraine getting me wo...