Saturday, April 11, 2020


I discovered this Pinoy band who sings like exactly the Beatles. They were not olds but young guys who got hooked in 60s and 70s song and even earlier. Wow they were just terrific and so much water under the bridge instantly flowed in reverse!

I was in UP in 1966 enrolled as freshman. Stayed in the dorm and during the orientation, i saw a pretty girl from Baguio while the song "Girl" by the Beatles was being played. Hahaha i ended up being her weekend visitor in Ilangilang Dorm. She became my inspiration in my struggle to keep my scholarship in PreMed. 

Indeed those times in our life is almost always associated with songs esp my time when songs are quite full of emotions and memories unlike today's song when u cant make out what they compose the songs for.

One way or another every song evokes memories wherever, whenever and however we are. It is so powerful that once it is triggered, it stop us in our tract, unable to move forward but backward down memory lane. 

Well, it could be that i am a senior now and naturally those resevoir of people we met and situations we esperienced in those bygone years. 

This quarantine and lockdown afford me with the luxury of time! Happy reminishing!

No comments:

  Happy New Year 2023!!! Hope to find time this year to get back to blogging😞 The world is in turmoil with the war in Ukraine getting me wo...